There are all kinds of methods and providers to offer options that bypass the geo-blocking technology used by TV streaming services. Of all of those systems, we’re going to tell you why StreamLocator is your best bet, and what makes it so unique.
IN THIS ARTICLE
What does StreamLocator do?
What StreamLocator products are available?
Why does StreamLocator exist?
Who is StreamLocator most useful for?
Which services are currently supported?
Is StreamLocator legit / legal?
What are the key benefits of using StreamLocator?
What does it cost?
How do I use the StreamLocator FireTV app?
What makes our router so unique is that it communicates with the servers of the services that use geo-blocking practices. Having access to a selection of alternative technologies, it detects the best method to bypass each system, allowing viewers access to the programs they want to watch, wherever they are in the world.
– StreamLocator provides an additional WiFi network that allows users to stream content from any geographical location and connect any device without limitations.
– Switching servers is managed automatically — users don’t have to worry about anything apart from choosing their streaming service and which country they want (for streaming services that are available in multiple countries) and watching their chosen programs.
We have two key systems to access your geo-blocked programs. The first is our unique hub and WiFi network—and the second is our Amazon Fire TV app. We’re also really excited about our new Android app, which will be available soon.
– The StreamLocator hub – available in Canada, UK and the Europe Union
Our hub plugs into your existing WiFi router, providing direct access to blocked services for every computer, Smart TV, phone or Internet-enabled device in your household.
– The StreamLocator Fire TV app – available worldwide
Our Fire TV app allows access to masses of protected content but from within your Fire TV device, cube or stick
Our system exists purely to provide unrivalled plug & play access to all the geo-blocked content we think should be available to everyone. If you pay for Hulu or HBO, or have a BBC iPlayer or All 4 account, we believe you should be able to watch them whichever country you’re in.
Taking matters one step further, we believe that all content should be available to everyone—wherever in the world they might be. If content is available to some viewers, why shouldn’t it be available to all?
Then there’s the issue of how much more complicated using a VPN can be. First, you’d need to install it on every device you want to stream international content. On top of that, you have to remember to turn it on each time you want to use it and find a virtual location that works for the service you need to access that day. With StreamLocator there’s no such issue. It’s always on, ready and waiting, and it will connect you seamlessly to your required service without you having to do a thing.
So, with those few simple but significant points in mind, we decided we’d do something about it. And now? Well, that match, movie or show to binge, is accessible by anyone who wants it, wherever they are.
– Streaming service subscribers who don’t want to miss out on programs and content only available in other countries
– Sports fans without access to games and matches only available from services in other countries
– Netflix, Prime Video*, Disney+, DAZN account holders who want to watch movies, programs and sports only available in other countries
– Viewers who want to access channels, providers and bundles that are only available in the US, UK or other countries
*Prime Video requires an active Prime subscription in each country that you want to watch content from.
We’ve cracked almost every service we think you need. All the biggest providers are supported, for example:
- Amazon Prime Video
- HBO Now & HBO Max
- BBC iPlayer
- All 4
- ITV Hub
- Sling TV
- CBS All Access
- CBS Sports
- Adult Swim
- …and so many more
For the full listing of our supported services, check the Streaming Services page on our website.
Yes, of course. There’s a lot of confusion about VPN and DNS services, and whether accessing geo-blocked TV is legal or not.
There are countries whose governments have banned VPNs. China, Iran, Russia—to name only a few—have strict regulations on how their residents access information and utilize free speech. If you’re going to access shows and streaming services from any of the countries where the laws are different to your own, you should really consider carrying out a little research.
Countries that have banned VPN or DNS services
We found a great A–Z list of countries that allow VPN use and those who don’t. If you’d like confirmation of the state of play that you plan to access, check out this article from the Comparitech website.
- United Arab Emirates
There are extensive benefits to using StreamLocator over both VPN providers and DNS services.
Why StreamLocator is better than VPN:
You won’t be punished with slow-running, low-quality servers
StreamLocator doesn’t impact your WiFi speed in any way.
There is no software to install.
If you use a VPN service or app, you’ll have to download and install it on every device you want to use to watch overseas channels and services. With StreamLocator, you just plug the hub in, activate your account, and off you go.
There are no surcharges for adding extra devices.
You can connect as many different devices to your StreamLocator network as you want. Even better, StreamLocator will allow every one of your Smart TVs, phones, tablets, games consoles and Internet-enabled devices to connect to as many different services as you need it to—all at the same time.
There’s no guesswork to picking out a suitable server.
Too many of the VPN apps fail to connect straight away, leaving you frustrated and switching between different location options to find the one that works—if any! Not with StreamLocator. It’s all taken care of automatically so that second-guessing is a thing of the past.
Why StreamLocator is better than DNS:
- It provides reliable access to multiple Netflix regions.
- It works with your WiFi router, so every device on your network is automatically catered for.
A lot of your Smart TVs and devices are closed systems, meaning that there isn’t an option to install software or apps on them. With StreamLocator, they just need to be WiFi enabled so you can switch them to your StreamLocator Hub and are automatically included.
- There are no complicated settings or configurations to set.
With many other services, especially DNS systems, there is often a mass of hoops to jump through with complicated configurations to apply. Not with StreamLocator. We’ve developed a purely plug-and-play system to make life as simple as possible.
- We constantly update our system, so you’re never without a connection.
Whenever any of the streaming services implement new settings or change their rules, we automatically update our software and services to suit—so you don’t have to.
A StreamLocator account costs US$6.99/month.
The first 3 month’s subscription includes your StreamLocator hub for FREE —currently US$19.99 ($10 cheaper than our standard price), and includes the free delivery of your StreamLocator hub in Canada, the UK, and throughout Europe. We offer all of our customers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so there really is nothing to lose.
The Fire TV app is a free download with a 7 day free trial. If you choose to pay for a subscription after your free trial, the cost is only US$4.99/month.
Our Fire TV app is almost as simple to use as our router box!
- Locate the app by searching for ‘Streamlocator’ using the Fire TV search function and download it OR find it on the Amazon store and send it to your Fire TV device remotely
- Once downloaded, open the app on your Fire TV device that now appears in your apps list
- Turn on the streaming function in the top right corner
- Click OK when the VPN permission statement appears
- That’s it. Your geo-location bypass is now active.
- You’ll also see a selection of typical streaming service apps that you’ll be able to use via the Fire TV app.
- For services with multiple country locations, like Netflix, download and install the app from StreamLocator, and we’ll provide you with an easy option switch to jump from country to country.
The easiest way to install the StreamLocator FireTV app is to find it on your local Amazon store and send it remotely to your device by selecting “Deliver to” and choosing your device from the drop-down menu:
We’re so confident you’ll love StreamLocator, we’re including a no-questions-asked, 100% money-back guarantee with each purchase. Try it for a full 30 days and if you don’t like it for any reason, simply return the unit for a full refund.
StreamLocator comes with a 3-month subscription plan and a free router for only USD $19.99. After the initial 3 months it is only USD $6.99 per month.